Blood Tonifying Strengthening Broth/Soup
- 3-4 L Water
- 1 Bio-Chicken or Chicken leg
- 2-3 Sprigs of Thyme or Oregano
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 2 Carrots
- 1 celery root
- 1-2 large sprigs
- 1 Parsley root
- 1 leaf of savoy cabbage or 1-3 Swiss Chard (Mangold) leaves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 large onion (pierced with some cloves)
- 1 leek stalk
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Some juniper berries or bay leaves
- 1 piece of kombu or wakame
- 1 bunch of parsley
- *angelika root (Dang Gui)
Season as you wish. (If you don’t have all of the ingredients, you can still use what you have.)
Bring all ingredients to a boil, then let it simmer for a minimum of 12 hours. Drain and save the liquid.
You should drink 1-2 cups daily if you have Blood Deficiency.
Symptoms: Fatigue, Dizziness, Sleep Disturbances, Numbness of the extremities, blurry vision, muscle cramps, pale and easily broken finger nails, excessive loss of hair, irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, dull headaches, dry stools, palpitations, tinnitus, emotionally sensitive, nightmares, easily startled.
*Angelika can be purchased through Lian Herbs.
Back to Conditions Treated