Many people have experienced low-grade depression, anxiety, and relied on coping mechanisms such as alcohol, marijuana, and overeating. On average weight gain during the Pandemic has been 5-15 pounds. This makes people less likely to walk around naked and strut their stuff. Furthermore, many people are making less of an effort to get dressed up and strut their peacock feathers. The “mating dance” has dwindled. During this time, you may need to make a conscious decision to invest in romance and sex. If you are finding Netflix movies, the Bosch television series, or our article on new air filters at the Acupuncture Clinic of Boulder, Inc., more thrilling than your sex life, it is time to spend some time cultivating love and romance! For partners who have been together for a long time, this may be a facet of your relationship that has become neglected. You can always rekindle the flame.
Want to learn more about the underlying causes of low libido? Click here.
You can have so much fun at home!!! Here are some creative ideas to spice up your sex life.
– Costumes: think of every fantasy you have ever had. In the privacy of your own home, you can be anyone! Pick a character and play dress up! Remember, skin is sexy. It does not matter how big or small your body is. Confidence makes everything look good.
– Massage: while massage leading to a “happy ending” is of extreme pleasure, there is also massage just for the sake of giving and relaxation. Linger on your partner’s body parts without an endgame in mind and rediscover what makes them feel relaxed and good. Concentrate on their pleasure. You can each choose a day to give and receive.
– Blindfold: Mix in different textures such as cotton, feathers, silk, etc. and see how your partner reacts.
– Temperature play: ice and heat in your partner’s erogenous zones can drive them wild.
– Mix it up: different rooms, positions.
– Toys: We have some great local businesses to find toys.
– New lingerie or clothes.
– Phone sex in the same house. Go to different rooms and share your fantasies on the phone with each other.
– Outside: Plan a hike or fun activity.
– Dress up: While we hope you are supporting local businesses, for those nights when you are home, plan a date and get gussied up.
– Self-love: Masturbate. It is important to take time for yourself and to learn what you like. This can also help you find confidence to share with your partner what makes you feel good.
– Sex coach: A sex coach can help you expand your ideas around sexuality, and help with your confidence and communication. Finding someone you trust and resonate with is of the utmost importance, so take the time to interview people until you find the right one.
Acupressure for Sexual Health
(You can do alone or with a partner!)